I woke last Thursday to find Facebook had rolled out Timeline for Business Pages. Essentially the layout is much like Timeline for Profiles which I had already converted to so I wouldn’t be overwhelmed when they finally hit Pages. In no time, I received a flurry of emails, DMs, Facebook PMs from clients and contacts with queries and concerns about how the new Timeline might impact their Page. This post will cover some of the significant changes and resources which can assist you to make the transition for your Page. All Pages will automatically convert to Timeline on the 31 March, so best to start working on your Page now! I have to say, I am loving Timeline! The possibilities are endless and the layout is sophisticated.
1. The most obvious is the new layout and the large space for a Cover Image which is a great opportunity to convey your business message.
2. Timeline is now the default landing when a Page is visited. So whilst a ‘welcome tab’ is still present it can no longer be made the default landing tab. The term “welcome tab” is now obsolete and all Apps are now featured ‘Tabs’.
3. The profile banner is also now condensed into a square profile picture which sits to the bottom left of the Cover Image.
4. You can rearrange the position of the App Tabs and add images and a call-to-action on some of the 3rd party installed or developer Apps.
You can check out how I have formatted the Interim Business Solutions Timeline Page with the above elements.
Due to the high volume of questions I’ve received, I decided to create a few video tutorials to point you in the right direction. One of the video tutorials can be viewed below – Your Timeline Facebook Page Admin Panel.
All Facebook – 7 Crucial Things About Timeline For Facebook Pages
Hyperarts – How to Engage Your Audience with the New Facebook Timeline for Pages
Inside Facebook – Timeline for Facebook pages: a complete overview of new features
Dreamgrow Digital – Facebook Cheat Sheet: Sizes and Dimensions
If you find you’re overwhelmed by the new changes and need a hand to convert prior to 31 March, please contact our office. As a Virtual Assistant who specialises in social media marketing support, I’m here to assist and can prepare your Facebook Business Page for publishing in the following ways:
- Add a custom designed Cover Image.
- Ensure your Profile picture represents your business and is positioned correctly.
- Arrange your Tab Apps in a relevant manner, add an image that best represents the Tab and add a call-to-action to entice a click through.
- Set the most appropriate category for Timeline to display the best ‘About’ information.
So what are your initial thoughts about Timeline for Pages? Like? Dislike? I know, you’ve seen so many Facebook changes that you just go with the flow!